Friday, May 21, 2010

Footless Heron



I've been shooting and posting a lot of pelicans lately and they're fun to shoot but I've been longing to get a few shots of something else. I was on the pelican trail today when this Great Blue Heron zoomed into my viewfinder like he had an appointment...and one should ALWAYS keep one's appointments! He was so close that I couldn't get him all into the frame and there was no time for a second shot. After he landed, he had to squawk at me for missing his feet. Well, nobody's perfect...at least I keep my appointments.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Goodness, gracious!! Always in the right place at the right time, sheesh!!

shutterflycutie said...

Can't wait for my next appointment with you...I love just being out with my camera and good company that shares the same passion. I know it doesn't seem like it this last year, but you bring a life to the subject that captures my senses. Thank you for the comeback! Now if I could just get my work from my pc to the blog! But I am out shooting believe it or not...guess that is the first step!