Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Challenge




I started this blog in December of 2008 as a challenge to myself to shoot and post at least one picture a day throughout the year 2009. Well, life got in the way of that project and I didn't even come close. Dealing with trying to make a living, trying to live up to my obligations, dealing with life, loss and crazy people while trying to maintain my own health and sanity just became too much for me and I failed, miserably, in my attempt at a picture a day. Today I set out on a new challenge...one that might be a little easier to keep the faith with. It's very simple...so simple that some of you might not even consider it a challenge. I'm going minimalist, so to speak. I have a lot of lenses and when I go out to shoot I always carry four to six...I'll see the opportunities for photos, then pick the lens I want to use. My challenge to myself is to carry and shoot with just one lens for a week...new week, new lens! That should stimulate a little creativity and make me, hopefully, a better, more thoughtful photographer. This week, I chose one of my most used and faithful companions...the Sigma 105/2.8 DG/EX macro. These oleanders were at Community Park in Aransas Pass...shot at f16 to give a little depth of field. Anyone care to join my challenge? Should be fun!

1 comment:

shutterflycutie said...

Simply said....and simply gorgeous!