Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Down On The Farm

I went to an area of cotton farms around Taft Texas today. Cotton has been king on the coastal plains for years. Robstown High School sports teams have been called the cotton pickers for as long as I can remember. So I wasn't surprised to see lots of the fluffy white stuff. The reason I came to the area though was to check out a new kind of farming...wind farming. The wind farm is booming and I think it's about the coolest thing I've seen around here for years.



I was impressed with the sheer size of these things...they are huge!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Aren't they soo cool. We passed them our last time to Corpus and I so wanted to stop. So glad you got out and about...nothing like Texas snow in August :o)

shutterflycutie said...

When I drove to Sinton daily I was blessed with watching one entire season of the cotton fields and related work...just mesmerized me. That is also when I rediscovered the clouds along the coast. I'd forgotten those things. My last visit they were assemblying one of the windmills and the blade was right by the hwy: the size of that thing blew me away! Thanks for sharing