Saturday, August 21, 2010

Howard Blank

I haven't posted in a couple of days due to serious constraints on my time. There's been a sudden, serious health issue in the family and the blog has sorta fallen through the cracks. I'll try to get things back on track.

This is the Howard Blank from New Orleans. I love to hear these big tugs when they're really working hard...especially the ones that are powered by the big Caterpillar engines. What a big powerful throaty roar they have! Some of the smaller boats are powered by Detroit Diesel...higher rpm and a screaming whine. Comparing the two...it's like the difference between a big Harley and a 125 Suzuki...I'll take the Harley (and the Cat) if you please!


Of course, I don't think the pelicans care what they sound like, they seem to disregard both with equal disdain!

1 comment:

shutterflycutie said...

I like the big engines too....