Thursday, September 16, 2010

Give It Up For Ed And Hazel


I'm not sure who Ed and Hazel are...or were...but the public library in Aransas Pass is named for them. During the spring, there is a lot of blooming color around in their flower beds but most of it has gone now until next season.

There are still a few hibiscus in the beds and they're just gorgeous in the afternoon sunlight

As I was leaving, I spotted this little splash of color growing up through a crack in the parking lot. I love it when vibrant color and beauty have the tenacity to survive...even in the most unlikely places.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So did you get some audio books while you were there...I love listening to them and they don't hurt your eyes either :o)
Hey not sure if you like books about world war II but I just got done reading fly boys and I really enjoyed it. I didn't like the authors first book about Iwo Jima but really enjoyed this book. They might have it on audio too.
I agree with you about the little splash of color in a most unlikely places, sweet photos!
I've still got a bit of color in my garden...Plumbago and Mexican fire bush mainly...Hummers aren't complaining :o)

shutterflycutie said...

I know not having to go to work daily can be a drag as much as HAVING to go daily...wish I could find some color outside the ordinary bumper to bumper twice a day! Enjoyed the blog. Wendy is right about audio books. I enjoy them tremendously!