Friday, September 17, 2010

Karl Reaches Out


Hurricaine Karl is battering the Mexican coast but he sent a lot of rain our way with more to come over the weekend. He also sent a lot of boats our way...not as many as Hermine but quite a few. This is from the north end of the harbor by the old boat ramps...Sigma 105/2.8 macro

Same location but with the Minolta 50/1.7

I moved on up the harbor...toward the south and switched to the Sony 30/2.8 macro

I found some weedy little characters to shoot with the macro

I moved on closer to the south end and the weather really started  looking nasty

I moved on around to the ICW side and the weather just kept getting worse

I decided it was time to head for the barn but before I got away from the harbor, I caught this boat, the Money Maker, heading for the dock in a pouring, blowing rain. My afternoon was cut a little short but it was interesting.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Love that last photo John, the mood of the day! So sweet to see all the shrimp boats in the harbor, I am sure it brings back sweet memories for you...Great job on the Macro shot of the flower/weed...Have a wonderful weekend!

shutterflycutie said...

Like Wendy, I love the last shot....seen a lot of boats haulin into port in this kind of weather! Glad you all didn't float away this weekend, got pretty nasty and wet from all the reports/pictures I've seen! Kind of makes me homesick!