Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sunset


I used to shoot a lot of sunsets...not so many now that my eyesight has gotten so jacked up. I really have a hard time driving home if I hang around till after dark. I was at the harbor late this afternoon though and I figured I'd be adventurous for a change. The sun slipping below the horizon can be sort of hypnotic and we sometimes forget to look around to see what effect the changing light has...in other places besides the actual point of the sun. This view was off to the south. The sunset was OK but nothing special... but I enjoyed this peripheral view...and I made it home without mishap!
Sony 70-300 G

2 comments:

Wendy said...

WooHoo! Absolutely gorgeous...I love seeing what the Eastern sky looks like durning a sunset, sometimes pretty cool.
Glad you made it home okay, goober!

shutterflycutie said...

so calm....