Sunday, February 13, 2011

Angels From Above


I was at the harbor today (hard to believe, huh?)...up on Allen, on the North end. I kept hearing sirens close by and went to investigate. When I got to the South end, down by the boat ramps, there were a lot of emergency vehicles there. I learned that an unfortunate soul had fallen out of a boat, had been run over by the boat and that the spinning prop had hit him and caused really serious injury. Halo Flight was on the way.


The Police and Fire department personnel had cleared an LZ right at the head of the ramps.




The pilot showed a lot of skill and a lot of nerve by threading his way between power lines and cars. He sat the chopper down just as slick as a button.





They wheeled the poor guy  out and loaded him up...quickly!



Lift off...yeah, I was pretty close!




Just as quickly as they had come, they were gone! These people are honest to goodness heroes. I wish them all the best...and prayers for the poor guy from the boat.
Minolta 100-200/4.5



2 comments:

Wendy said...

Definitely Angels from above...Prayers for the gentlemen that was hurt! Great photos John!

shutterflycutie said...

Amen