Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today's Meeting At Key Allegro


It was such a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I took advantage of it. I started my travels at the harbor but things were pretty dead there...so I headed over to Rockport and Fulton and was rewarded with lots of birds. This group was between Fulton Beach Road and Key Allegro.


The sun was exceptionally bright and there wasn't a cloud in sight.



I love the pelicans and it's not often that I can get the browns and the whites in the same shot but there were plenty of both varieties on hand today.



There were a lot of skimmers there too and I was able to catch one doing what they're named for...skimming. They are fast and hard to catch in action.



Here's another Skimmer...flying over and looking for dinner. Hopefully, with more good weather in the forecast, I can catch up with my photo-therapy...cold and wet weather have had me housebound far too long!
Sony 70-300 G

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, awesome photos!! I see the tide was low again...you always manage to be in the right spot at the right time :o) I switched from birds to Zebras this weekend, now to just edit them. Congrats on catching that skimmer too, wow! And Yeah to the beautiful weather!

shutterflycutie said...

I actually made it out in the sun this weekend too...don't fall over from shock! One of these days I might even d/l the shots and "share"...