Tuesday, February 22, 2011

the Wind Was Not My Friend


I found these on a tree in front of the senior center...on 13th street in Aransas Pass. People tell me this is Ornamental Pear but I don't really know. The blossoms are beautiful but the wind was blowing so hard that I had a real hard time chasing focus. I'll try again on a calmer day.
Minolta 70-210/4


Sigma 70/2.8 macro



I'm seeing more and more of these little yellow flowers and the bugs are finding them too...Spring  is just around the corner!
Sigma 70/2.8 macro

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh give me a break...I see no blur due to wind, sheesh! Gorgeous photos! I've been seeing butterflies the last few days...Thought about chasing one today with the camera but was having to much fun sitting on the front porch enjoying the breeze and beautiful day...can you say LAZY!!

Paula said...

I don't think the wind in south Texas is anyone's friend. So dry and unnerving but never the less your pictures are lovely.

shutterflycutie said...

Amen Wendy! I am constantly amazed at what John sees and doesn't see! I'm so glad spring is here. I'll be up north over the weekend and will come back to a changed south Texas for sure! Need a weekend road trip with the camera in a couple of weeks.