Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shootin' Through The Grass

I've kinda been in the bird shooting mode for the last couple of days so when I went out today, instead of carrying the bag, I just took a single lens...the Minolta 500/8. Wouldn't you know it, I spotted a cooperative butterfly just begging to be shot. The 500 is an excellent lens for some things but it's a little long for shooting butterflies in the weeds...but what the heck, when opportunity knocks...snap the shutter! I had to shoot through the grass but I guess it'll just have to do.




Hope everyone is having a good weekend!


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful John!! Grass or no Grass :o) I decided to take the Macro out this morning with bugs on my mind. My Father in law mowed down all the gorgeous wildflowers, grr...

shutterflycutie said...

For some reason an old song comes to mind: butterfly, my butterfly...one of Julio Iglesias firsts...I have the spanish version of course, love it!

shutterflycutie said...

sorry...a correction here...the song was by Danyel Gerard, released 1971 "Butterfly". German version...I love it!

shutterflycutie said...

the song sung in the original 3 recordings: german, french and spanish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOdyJWUEQQ&feature=related