Tuesday, June 14, 2011

63 Down


The 63rd annual Shrimporee is over. I drove by the grounds today and this was about all that was left; a couple of forlorn looking ticket booths and a few carnies getting ready to hit the road. Other than the parade on Saturday, it was a non-event for me...I guess I'm too old, cranky and physically jacked up to think that jostling around in a crowd in the Summer heat is a fun thing to do anymore. The folks I talked to that did attend offered me mixed reviews...some said they had a great time and others just complained about crowds, heat, lousy food and high prices! I'm sure they're all telling the absolute truth...from their point of view anyhow. I hope the tradition continues...but I think I probably attended my last Shrimporee a few years ago.....
Sigma 18-250

3 comments:

Paula said...

Thats the way I feel about the Fiesta in San Antonio. Its great for the young or maybe someone who has never been. To me it is a good place to have beer spilled on you if thats what you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I'm not into the crowds or the heat either...but having a 7 yr old makes me have to do things I detest doing, sigh! Just so he can experience life. I'm still mad about no fresh shrimp, lol... ~ Wen

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha.... we all sound ancient! I try to avoid all the "fun" anymore too...and now I don't have to attend with the little kids since I am so MEAN...js