Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Is For...


I is for Indian Point Pier...at Indian Point Park...in Portland Texas on the shore of Corpus Christi Bay.The park is maintained by the city of Portland and it's a pretty cool place to go. I haven't been fishing there in years but when I DID fish there years ago, it was one of the few fishing piers in the area that actually had fish around it to catch. I always thought it was because of the oyster beds around it but that was just my opinion. The park also has great views of the bay...and of Corpus Christi, across the bay. It was always a good spot to sit and watch the aerial fireworks shows that the city of Corpus Christi always had on the bayfront on the fourth of July. There's also a nature walk with good spots to watch the birds. It's also a good spot just to watch the bay. But, you know what they say... If you stare at the Sea too long, you can see over the edge of the world...


Yikes...I guess it's true...or maybe that's just what you get when you are shooting with a fish-eye lens.
Both photos with the Rokinon 8mm/3.5 fish-eye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like stopping at Indian Point Park!! I didn't know you had a fish eye lens...no fair!!! Cool photo!! ~ Wen

Paula said...

Wonder if they will have the fireworks display this year? None allowed around here this year. We usually go to Jourdanton to watch their's but not this year.