Sunday, June 26, 2011

L Is For


L is for Lovely new Lawn kitchen...Anita asked me this morning if I would consider firing up the grill this evening...not needing too much prodding to burn meat out in the yard, I, of course, said OK. An inspection of my little grill alerted me that the bottom had rusted out so it was off to the local outdoor cooking gourmet boutique (WalMart) for a replacement. This one said Kingsford...and I said...ah! perhaps an American product and promptly whipped out my plastic. Sure enough, when I got it home and ripped open the box...made in China! Nevertheless, I set forth on the adventure of assembly. Seems to be pretty well made and the instructions were pretty clear but there was a huge selection of nuts and bolts and that seems to be the Achilles Heel of these Chinese products...I didn't know ANYBODY manufactured bolts with Rockwell hardness in the negative values but the Chinese seem to have perfected the technique. I'm getting old, I'm getting weak but I was afraid that if I squeezed a handful of these bolts a little too hard, I would crush them into a solid ball. All's well that ends well, so they say and I got the thing put together...I'm not too worried that the heat of cooking will take the temper out of the hardware!


L is for Luscious Loin of Pork!


L is for deLectable Links!


L is for Loyalty...to wit: the Loyalty of my stalwart assistant, Gimpster. He stays steadfastly by my side during the cooking procedure...his eyes...and his nose never straying from the task at hand. His job, should the unthinkable happen and I should drop a piece of that meat, would be to catch it before it hits the ground. I have no doubt that he would gladly charge through the gates of Hell to retrieve a piece of that meat...good stout lad!
Sony 30/2.8 macro



3 comments:

Paula said...

I like your description of Wal*Mart. Its my everything right down the street. At least if you should (heaven forbid) drop a piece of expensive meat it wouldn't go to waste with your assistant close by.

Anonymous said...

You are just too funny!! Love the post and the photos!! Now I'm hungry, sigh! (thanks!)...Gimpster is no fool, smart dog! ~ Wen

shutterflycutie said...

Enjoyed your naration again...you makethe simplist(spelling?) things in life attractive. Did Gimpster get some meat after all?