Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fresh Paint


The army has a large depot in Corpus Christi...it's actually located on the navy base there...go figure. This depot is in the business of repairing, refurbishing and maintaining army helicopters. When an aircraft reaches the end of it's service life, often they wind up, for a while, at the depot to be stripped of anything useful. This old Huey airframe was donated to the local VFW for display purposes. As long as I can remember, this old bird had the Viet Nam era non reflective green paint, a pretty ugly finish even when it was new. I guess the boys at the VFW decided it was time to spruce the old chopper up a bit so they painted it up in the desert camo style...looks pretty good...but I kinda miss the green. It reminded me of my misspent youth... 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It just doesn't look right, no sir it doesn't!! Shall we make a late night foray and paint it green again? LOL...