Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Gulf Boats





Sorry that my blog has been sort of one dimensional for the past few days but I've really been enjoying the big gulf trawlers. I don't get to see them much anymore and, I guess, when something you love only comes around 2 or 3 times a year, you just can't get enough of them. I also know that a lot of the photos are a little overcooked in their development but sometimes I just get a little carried away in posting things that are a little different from strict reality...There's an old saying that tells us we should look with our eyes but see with our hearts. I guess, for now anyhow, this is how my tired old heart sees the harbor...and a few other things...not the way they are but the way I would like them to be...the way I see them and feel them in my heart.



2 comments:

Paula said...

I've never lived at the coast but always wondered if I would like it. Seems I could cut my hairlike a boy's and wear nothing but t-shirts and jeans and be free free free.

shutterflycutie said...

That is life on the coast Paula. I did cut my hair like a boys (and wore it like that most of my life). Always ran with the boys and wore tee shirts and shorts (cut off jeans). The boys didn't wear the tee shirts...all of us bare foot and on the run! Sure miss those times! I suppose cuz of the "freedom" in clothing and life (kids used to have it made didn't they?) Old hearts I think are treacherous...beware John!