Saturday, November 26, 2011

G Is For...


G is for GARFIELD and a GIRAFFE on black GLASS.
Shooting small subjects on black glass can give you some interesting reflections but you have to clean the glass often during the shooting process (at least in dusty south Texas) because every speck of dust will show in the photo. Some people use plexiglass or acrylic but plastics scratch so easily and those tiny scratches look huge in the finished photo, so I like to use plain ol' window glass...paint the back side with a couple of coats of flat black spray paint and...Voila!...you're in bizness.
As you can see, there is some dust on the glass in this photo...I could tell you that I left it there to illustrate my point but the truth is my vision is getting so bad, it just slipped past me..............