Thursday, December 1, 2011

L Is For...


L is for LENSBABY!
First of all, I beg forgiveness for posting yet another picture of a dusty subject...pressed for time and got in a hurry. The lensbaby is a selective focus lens. I've had it for a long time but seldom use it anymore. The lens element is mounted on a bellows...only the center of the lens produces sharp, focused images...that "sweet spot" can be placed in various parts of the frame by moving the bellows up, down, from side to side or by a combination of those movements. The size of the sweet spot can be changed by changing the aperture discs. wide open, only a small portion of the image is in focus but at f22, most of the frame is sharp. It's a lens that offers a lot of options and some great effects...but it's all manual control and my poor vision limits what I can do with it...darn it!

1 comment:

shutterflycutie said...

I was beginning to wonder about this post with all the "sweet talk"...ha ha ha. I thought I'd seen all your equipment, you still surprise me! I do not recall any mention of this thru the years?