Thursday, December 15, 2011

Z Is For...


Z is for ZIPPO!
When I remember back to my navy days, seems like everybody carried a ZIPPO lighter...even the guys who didn't smoke. The ZIPPOS were great because you could light them in the wind...a very handy quality when you are at sea! When I was stationed in Pensacola, one of the guys in the barracks was from Bradford, Pennsylvania and his mom worked at the Zippo factory. Every couple of months, she would send us a box of lighters...Thanks again to Brian's mom, that was such a cool thing to do!
Well, my alphabet is complete...what to do, what to do?...

4 comments:

Paula said...

John needs a Zippo to light his pear burner. So nice of Brian's mom to send the lighters. You'll think of something to post here. Your life story, maybe?

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Where would we be without our Zippo's? I enjoyed your Alpha blog posts, too cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!! ~Wendy

John Ownby said...

Next project? It's obvious: Numbers, John, numbers! One glass of milk. Two old trucks. Three goats. Etc.......

Anonymous said...

uh...I think the life story might not be too bad. A live diary? hee hee hee. I like John's suggestion too...I'm probably the only person I know that has a collection of lighters but have never carried one on me....js