Saturday, January 7, 2012

B & W...pt. 2...With A Little Color


As promised in yesterday's post, another black and white photo. I got a little carried away in my comments yesterday so I'll keep it short tonight. I'll just say that black and white with a digital camera is a little different than shooting film...as I'm sure you all know, you basically have two options; you can set the camera to black and white or you can just shoot in color mode and convert to black and white in your editing program. I much prefer the second option 'cause I think it gives me a better set of tools to try to get the shot that I want...your mileage may vary!


Here's a color shot from the same set up...hard for me to say which I like better. Anita brought this rose home from work today and it's gorgeous. Man, it's a long time till Spring!
Both shots with the Sigma 70/2.8 macro

3 comments:

Paula said...

I think I like the color best on this one but I really liked the black and white one yesterday. Time to cut my one rose bush back next month. I guess the frost got the three last buds.

Wendy said...

I like the Black and White better on this one...

shutterflycutie said...

There are so many things I love about digital, one is the options you have in a quick way...you know me well enough to know how lazy I am...so I shoot color 99% of the time and convert. But sometimes I see that shot that just cries "B&W!", so it gets it! I love the comparison here.