Monday, January 30, 2012

Fading Away


Hey, I'm back from my recent exile from blogdom...One of the things I did while I was off the net was dig around in some of my old stuff. I'm a natural born pack rat and I amaze myself, sometimes, with the stuff I hang onto. This is my old PALM PDA...it was a pretty cool item in it's day. You could store lots of information on it, plug it into your PC and transfer files...kind of the forerunner of the smartphone...'cept it didn't have a phone...or any internet connectivity or a camera or GPS or MP3 or any of the other things we take for granted today...it was a glorified address book/notebook...but for it's time, it was just too cool!


I had time to do a little playing around in Photoshop...reworked some of my old images with different techniques.


I even got out and shot a few pictures!
It's good to be back!


3 comments:

Paula said...

Welcome back Mr. Wingo. Sure like the picture of the sunflower.

Wendy said...

I'm glad your back. I missed you and your photography :o)

John Ownby said...

Your Palm brings back old memories of my Windows CE handheld computers. They never attained the popularity of the Palm's, but they were interesting (and quirky) devices at the time. My last one had a compact flash slot, and I eventually was able to connect it to wi-fi networks, add a gps card, and eventually get it connected to my company's ethernet network, and to a test satellite dish I had on the roof of the building. Was a neat device at the time, but I'm glad I don't have to depend on it any more!

I just got through having to replace my 6 year old smartphone with a new one, and am amazed at the improvements over the last 6 years -- both in hardware and network speeds. It makes me think that in another 6 years all these devices may get replaced by a chip in our heads! There's lots of empty space in my head, so I know there's room for one!