Friday, January 20, 2012

Lantana


I took a short drive to the harbor today...The 12/24 was still on my camera and I didn't really feel like carrying the camera bag so I figured I'd probably find another "big sky" wide angle shot. As I was heading for the door, I saw my 500/8 Minolta lens sitting on my desk and made a spur of the moment decision to take it along. Lenses are like most other mechanical things...they need to be used every now and then just to keep the grease from getting hard and funky...(yes, your lens depends on grease to keep it working smoothly, without excessive wear). I didn't figure I'd find anything to shoot with the 500 but I figured I'd take a couple of shots with it,,,just to keep things moving smoothly. I went up on the high side of the harbor and spotted this lantana and...had nothing to shoot it with...12/24...too short and wide...500...too long! Oh well, I went ahead and took a few shots with the 500. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow with a macro or a 35 or something. Moral of the story? I guess there are two...(1) be prepared and (2) Do the best you can with what you've got. 

3 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds like good advice to me. Lantana is pretty. I have the plain orange planted in front of my house but its all dead now. It grows wild at the ranch.

Wendy said...

"like"

shutterflycutie said...

I miss the lantana...they are using them up here more in gardens but they don't fair real well if the winter is bad (which so far it hasn't been)