Monday, January 16, 2012

More Progress


This is the site of the old Coastal Door Shop at the harbor. They built and repaired doors for shrimping rigs. They've been out of business for quite a while and the city council leased the property to a company that sells and repairs pumps for the offshore oil industry. The paper said the new outfit would employ 30-40 people. It's sad to see all the old fishing businesses go but I'm glad, at least, that not ALL the business at the harbor is going to be tourist related. The best thing about tourists? ...they eventually go home!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Cool, I like this one!! So am I considered a toursit when I come over that way? LOL...

Paula said...

I'll bet tourists can be a pain in the you know where. I enjoy reading your blog because I never go to the coast anymore so I get a little feel of the sand between my toes without that gritty feeling.

shutterflycutie said...

this shot is the greatest...who'd think an empty lot under construction would be so interesting. Thank God for skies!